Jan 8, 2014

My hop plants

I bought a couple of hop rhizomes in 2011, a Hallertau and a Saaz, and planted them in Jason's backyard. The intention was to swing by to look after them but I got sick so they've been left to their own devices for the most part. Last year I got 440g wet hops most of which were from the Hallertau.

Jason sent me some photos of their progress this summer. The Hallertau is the bushy one at the top of the wire, the Saaz is more the more weedy one on the left.

They've taken over the steel reinforcing wire

Hop flowers on the way

Some runners have made it to the other side, about 3-4m

2 comments:

  1. Nice one! I can't wait to move out of our apartment so I can start growing hops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel that pain. I still wouldn't have started if I didn't have a friend's backyard available.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...